- 1 can of solid white albacore tuna
- Mayo (2 to 4 tbs, approximately)
- 1 tsp mustard
- Season salt, to taste
- Whole wheat bread
A good tuna sandwich is moist without being wet, flavorful without being “fishy,” and filling without being heavy. A great tuna sandwich, however, has legs and a head!
- Drain one can of solid white albacore tuna. Chop one pickle and one shallot finely and mix with the tuna.
- Mix with just enough mayo to combine, 1 tsp of mustard, and season salt to taste.
- Add some of the tuna mixture to one piece of bread and top with another. Support the bread on four thin pretzels, resting it on a plate. Skewer one green olive on a colorful toothpick and place in the center of the sandwich.
Enjoy! Please note that the tuna mixture will make two to three sandwiches (don’t pile the bread too high, or the pretzels won’t be able to hold it up).
You can see the original photo at Insanewiches!