- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red leaf lettuce
This healthy, vegetarian salad is perfect for those nights when turning on the stove or firing up the grill sounds like torture. Roast the eggplant in the morning and you’ll be ready to go!
- Dice and roast a small eggplant. Place in the refrigerator until cool.
- Mix the eggplant with mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the tops off of four tomatoes, and use a paring knife to remove the insides.
- Fill each tomato with eggplant salad, and use the tomato top to complete the look.
- Lay red leaf lettuce on a platter, and place the tomatoes on top.
- Use small onions, black olives, and mini-toothpicks to create the eyes.
Quick and easy, especially if you roast the eggplant ahead of time, these salad creatures are sure to make it into your meal rotation!
This was our take. Find the original recipe at RK Homemade Recipes.