- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- Handful of parsley
- Olive oil
- Black olives
Making salad look just as appealing as it is healthy is no easy feat; however, this concoction takes healthy eating to an entirely new level! A mix of protein rich quinoa, silky smooth mozzarella and loads of healthy vegetables will give anyone a burst of energy. By taking the extra three minutes to set up the ingredients creatively, you’re making this wacky salad exciting and fun. Try it today!
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear. Add it to a stock pot along with 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth. Bring this to a boil and then turn off the heat, covering the pan.
- Wait one minute, turn the heat on low, and cook the quinoa for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and let it sit for five minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Dice red pepper, flat-leaf parsley and red onion, and mix this in with the quinoa. Drizzle with olive oil and place in a serving bowl.
- Press one piece of black olive into one piece of mozzarella to create eyeballs. Arrange these on top of the quinoa.
Serve this tasty dish warm, cold, or at room temperature!
You can find the original recipe for this tasty dish at Rezeptwelt.