- Red veggie spaghetti
- Deli ham
- Baby corn
- Cherry tomato
This creative bento style lunch incorporates fruits, vegetables, and healthy grains, all in an eye-catching design. Add in some homemade chicken strips for a true meal!
- Coat chicken strips in your favorite breading and bake in a 400 degree oven until crispy and cooked through.
- Toss a salad with your favorite dressing and lay it in the bottom of the bento box. Cut kiwis into star shapes and place these on top.
- Cook off red tinted spaghetti, often packaged as a “vegetable” noodle, according to package directions.
- Cut a piece of deli ham into the shape of a mermaid, lay it on top of the salad, and use the noodles to create the hair.
- Arrange the chicken strips throughout the bento box, and add your favorite vegetables and fruits to round things out. Here, we used baby corn, sliced mushrooms, black olives, blueberries, sliced apples, and cherry tomatoes.
- Use carrots to create the top on the mermaid, and food safe craft pieces to create the face.
- For extra protein, and because cheese is awesome, toss a few cubes of your favorite in the box.
With this recipe, it truly is all about presentation.