- Small round crackers (Ritz, water crackers, whole wheat)
- Thinly sliced cheese ( cheddar, mozzarella, Swiss)
- 1 can of tomato sauce your choice (preferably mild for little tummies)
- Celery stick
This makes an excellent light snack for your little one. Easy, quick and fun to prepare – no need to bake, very simple!
1. Take your tomato paste and spread it on each individual cracker. Use a spoon or a spread knife.
2. Take the cheese of your choice, slice it into small triangle and round circle pieces. Use 2 triangle pieces and 2 small circle pieces per cracker.
3. Place triangle pieces on the top of the cracker to make the mouse ears. Cut one of the circle pieces in half and use each half for the mouse eyes.
4. Place another small circle piece on the cracker below the eyes – this is the start of the mouse’s nose:) Use left over pieces of the cheese to make the mouth.
5. Wash your raisins and celery stick; thinly slice the celery stick in to long thin strips of about 7 cm long.
6. Dry your raisins. Use 3 per cracker, place one in the middle of each round cheese piece, to complete the eyes of the mouse.
7. Use the thinly sliced celery to add cute whiskers, finishing with the raisin on top, to hold whiskers in place.