- Won Ton Wrap
One of kids favorite Ghibli films is ‘My Neighbor Totoro’. Here, is a recipe that will surely make your lunch time a Totoro-inspired one!
- First, let’s make won ton wrap in the form of a hood. This will serve as Totoro’s head and the scoop for our rice (Totoro’s body). Make stick in small ears made of won ton wrap, as well. You can also leave 2 holes on each won ton wrap where we can stick in some beans for Totoro’s ears. Let it freeze in the fridge so that it will hold its scoop-like feature when we deep-fry it.
- While waiting for the won ton wraps to freeze, let’s make our rice balls. Use sticky or normal rice. Put some sea salt in your rice and mix it well. Create balls out of the rice.
- Make Nori or seaweed cut-outs for Totoro’s markings, nose, eyes, and whiskers. Get a small amount of rice and mix it finely though pounding it with a spoon. Once the rice is stuck to each grain, flatten it and cut out small circles for Totoro’s eyes.
- By now, the won ton wraps are already frozen. Make sure that your oil is super hot before frying the won ton wraps to retain its form.
- Put the rice balls inside the won ton wraps. Use other ingredients to make our dish look more like Totoro.
Serve this dish after watching the fun and magical film My Neighbor Totoro!
Tip: Visit the original recipe by Anna The Red, to find detailed step-by-step image instructions.