- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 tbs mayo
- 1 tbs grainy mustard
- 1 tbs grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese
- Black olives
Nothing goes faster at a barbecue or gathering than deviled eggs, and these babies are perfect for Spring!
- Hard boil a dozen eggs. Let cool completely. Peel the eggs carefully.
- Slice the top third off of the eggs and set the white aside. Combine the yolks in a small bowl. Add mayo, mustard, onion, and garlic, and mix until creamy and smooth. Season to taste with sat and pepper.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag with a decorative scalloped tip. Pipe the yolk mixture into all but one reserved egg white, going over the edge, and then top with the removed portion to create a cap. Slice up the reserved remaining egg white to create small discs, and pipe the remaining yolk mixture into these.
- Slice cheddar cheese into beaks, and insert these into the eggs. Use olives to create eyes.