- One English cucumber
- Black olives and pimento
- Carrot sticks
- Your favorite dipping sauce
Even the pickiest of eaters will want to eat their veggies!
1. Wash your cucumber throughly.
2. Using a fork, scrape down the side of your cucumber. This will make a green and white stripe pattern.
3. Once you have scraped all the way around your cucumber, slice your cucumber into 1/4 inch circles.
4. Cut your circles in the middle, so you have two halves- they should now be semi-circles.
5. Arrange them on your plate so they look like a snake! (see picture)
6. Make a small triangle shaped cut one your carrot stick to make the snake’s tongue. You can secure it in the snakes mouth by making a small slit in the cucumber that will be the snakes head- insert the end of the carrot tongue that is uncut into the cucumber.
7. Cut a small piece of the black olive off to make the snakes eye.
8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce- we like to use Ranch!
You can find the original recipe at Catholic Cuisine.