- Baby potato
- Grape tomatoes
- Greek yogurt
So how do you make a healthy snack full of vegetables fun? By turning it into a caterpillar, of course! There’s barely any cooking required here: just a creative layout that makes eating fresh produce enticing. So bust out your platter, and let your creative juices flow!
- Cut one small baby potato in half. Heat up a small skillet with oil, and fry the potato cut side down until cooked through.
- Use a toothpick to cut two eyes and a mouth into the face of the potato. Push a small piece of radish into the mouth portion, and one pea, cut in half, to create the eyes.
- Rinse one cup of colorful grape tomatoes and pat dry. Cut each one in half.
- Create the body of the caterpillar on the serving plate, varying the color tomatoes you use to keep things fun and rainbow like!
- Place the potato face in front of the body. Arrange fresh lettuce leaves alongside the caterpillar.
- Mix plain Greek yogurt with grainy mustard for dipping (taste it as you go, you can make it as spicy or bland as you like!) and arrange the mix in a decorative dish or cookie cutter on the plate.
You can find the original recipe here: Eltern