- Hard-boiled Eggs
- Salad Dressing
Get ingredients fresh from your backyard with this floral-inspired recipe! We should always remember that – fresh is always best when it comes to making salads.
- First and foremost, we must make the soil where our flowers will be planted. Put a good amount of salad dressing on a corner of the serving plate. You can put on some sprouts as a replica of the grass on the soil.
- Next, add in baby flowers through placing some broccoli on each side of the plate. It should touch the salad dressing to make it look like it is just sprouting from it.
- Next, add in three celery stems for our blooming egg salad.
- For our first blooming egg salad, place 3 slices of hard-boiled egg to form the petals of the flower. For our center piece, arrange 5 slices of hard-boiled egg on the stem. For the last stem, arrange 5 slices of hard-boiled egg where one slice overlaps a little bit on top of the next slice.
- Don’t forget to put more details using vegetables to make the blooming egg salad healthy and colorful at the same time!
After planting the blooming egg salad on your plate, call the kids to help you harvest the delicious and nutritious flowers!
Tip: Visi the original recipe at Egg Farmers of Ontario – they list nutritional information and feature other cute recipes, made of eggs!